Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blown Headgasket?

The day I got my Fuse Relay Board back in and everything, and fired up the car, I received a storm of white smoke coming from my exhaust. Not only that, but some liquid from the exhaust as well. I checked the Coolant Reservoir, which was empty. I added coolant, and there has not been any white smoke since.

The car was sitting outside for a good while. Lots of rainy days, humid and moist days etc. so I am thinking the fluid coming from the exhaust could just be some condensation build up? Liquid does not spit from it every time I start the car up, or drive it. In fact, I got nothing today. This can also happen when firing the car, and shutting it down before it has time to heat up, and doing this multiple times correct? I have done this quite a bit, especially with working on the electric testing things.

Now, after having done all this electric work, I was still receiving power loss, especially when idle. I have not yet diagnosed whether or not the power loss is an electrical problem or not (too see if the voltage continues to drop after time) because of this next issue,

I am getting a burning smell. Didn't take long to hint the smell coming directly from the Intake Manifold Runners, no burning smell coming from the Manifold itself. This would heat up pretty fast, shortly after a few revvs of the engine. I did not notice any oil or residue on any of the runners or manifold.

Something is also squealing below the engine, after idling for a few minutes. I cannot tell what it is. It does not sound like a loose timing belt, but since I was getting a lot of heating I was told that it could be Water Pump failure. The Upper Radiator Hose does not seem to be getting hot after awhile (it is suppose to be, correct? Usually ater normal temperature of 180 degrees Fahrenheit?)

I do not notice any oil in the coolant.

I do not have any water or white fluid mixed with the oil, from what I can tell. I smelled under the oil fill cap and I could hint a gas smell. I am not sure if this is normal or normal for the type of oil that is in there. I have never really stuck oil up to my nose before. I also got a bit of thick brown mudlike crud around the little seal inside the top of the oil fill cap, aswell as some in the leading hose.

Was going to go get a Combustion Leak Tester today, but I could not find anyone that carried them.

No comments:

Post a Comment