Monday, November 16, 2009

Upcoming Projects

Here are a couple of upcoming projects I will be doing with the 928:

Interior:

I will be re-doing the itnerior. I am not certian yet wether or not I am keeping her stock, but if I decide to, I may just go ahead and remove all switched and use masking tape and such to cover any materials I don't want sprayed. I shall then spray over the corroding parts with a plaid spray-paint to give everything a brand new look. However, if I decide to have the car custom, I may remove parts and either spray them myself, order custom parts from a specific website, or have them professionally done.

Tires:

New tires are needed. One is beginning to crack, and the others are on their way. The car slides around real easily with these worn tires, so replacements are in check. I may go for all-season tires, or some good winter ones. The 928 can be driven in the winter, but I would much rather have my 924 out there, since the 928 is made of an expensive aluminium body.

Lambo Doors:

Costy, but oh so sexy. It'll be a long while before I go about doing this.

Repaint:

I will be getting the rear re-painted, including both rear side fenders, the bumper piece, and the sides of the hatch. I wil lbe going in to get an estimate today, but I am nervous as the cost for this might be more than what I truly am willing to pay. The paint needs done though. It's something that HAS to be done or the car will look like hell- and that I DO NOT want. 

Carpet:

The carpet is is dire need of some attention. Everything from peeling, to UV damage.
I will go about getting some more real strong adhesive to keep some of the carpeting down. Some pieces I will need to remove and dye with a new black to take care of the UV damage as well.

Front Spoiler:

When I purchased 928, it did not have the front spoiler (under the bumper). It had the side pieces to it, but not the middle. Unfortunaly a used one is out of the question- impossible to find. I can, however, get a brand new one for a whopping $400 plus shipping. yet anotehr later, furture plan.

Trim:

The body trim paint is becoming corroded. The black is peeling, revealing some rusty, steel stein. I will need to get new ones placed. However these things are very tight on there- maybe a re-paint is in order if possible.

More Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment